Since spellbound mentioned he doesn’t have cable TV and, as a result, hasn’t gotten any news on Katrina’s aftermath, I’ll point you guys to the sources of news I’ve been using. I don’t have a TV at all — it stopped working Sunday night — so I have been relying on the local coverage.
- The Times-Picayune’s Breaking News Weblog — The paper for the New Orleans metro area. Permalinks don’t quite work there — I’ve been adding a “#” whenever I link to a story.
- The Advocate — Baton Rouge’s local paper.
- The Advocate Weblog — on blogspot.com, no less!
- WWL TV Breaking News Weblog — The latest news.
- WDSU — Local TV Station Headlines. Also has a video feed.
I don’t bother with the national or cable networks. I want to know what the people who live there are thinking.