My blogger.el is based on Simon Kittle’s blogger.el, but where his code calls a Perl program, this code uses xml-rpc.el. As of this writing, my mods to xml-rpc.el are needed to add support for boolean types. You can get my xml-rpc.el from here.
Differences between SK’s blogger.el and mine:
- Doesn’t need any external programs. Uses xml-rpc.el.
- I’ve added a bunch of defcustom’s here to make this integrate better with Emacs Customization interface.
- Created a *Blogger* mode.
- Made selection of a blog more intuitive. It queries the Blogger server and allows the user to choose the name of the blog from a list.
- Add Ability to retrieve posts from server and edit.
- RSS creation and weblogs.com notifications.
- Implement Manila interface.